How Our Attorneys Can Help
- Argue for you to be released on your “own recognizance”
Thus saving you thousands of dollars in bail fees. Then you can return to your family, school or job and get back to your life.
- We appear in DUI Court on your behalf
So you don’t need to go to court for most of your case management. Don’t miss school or work. If you live out of town, it could take hours to drive to court, wait for hours for your case to be called, then drive home. Let us appear in court and advocate for YOU.
- Aggressively protect your rights from the moment we take on your case.
- Contact DMV and schedule a hearing
So you can still drive and make every effort to arrange any driving suspension around your schedule and special concerns. You can have an attorney at your DMV hearing.
- We make every effort to receive alternative sentencing
Such as work programs, court observation, electronic monitoring, and medical/counseling programs instead of jail.
- Our DUI firm manages your case based on your special concerns.
There may be dates when you really need your driver’s license, or a job you may loose if you’re in jail. We will learn about your concerns and work with the courts to set dates for a license suspension, court dates and jail or alternative programs. Your Chico DUI attorney manages your case for YOUR schedule and needs.
- Evaluate every piece of evidence
File motions with the court to receive any missing evidence that can show your innocence such as witness statements, 911 recordings, and video interviews.
- File appropriate motions to inspect the calibration of the equipment
Used to measure your alcohol levels.
- File appropriate motions to suppress any illegal traffic stop
or illegal search by the police.
- Prepare a defense strategy for you in court.
If you have been arrested for DUI you must act quickly and contact the DMV to protect your driving rights.
- Save You Money
If you have been accused of driving under the influence of alcohol, or any alcohol related offense, including a minor in possession, a professional DUI defense lawyer can be less expensive than just paying the fines. You will have points from the DUI or MIP and any other charges recorded on you DMV record. This makes insurance expensive, employers upset, license suspensions longer. We will go to court for you so you don’t miss work. If your Minor in Possession Attorney can reduce your sentence even a bit, you will often save both the money and aggravation that accompany a DUI or MIP accusation.